UNCLAIMED DEPOSIT / INOPERATIVE ACCOUNTS (As on 31/08/2018)
Refer to paragraph 93 of the Monetary Policy Statement 2013-14 announced by Governer on May 3, 2013 on the Depositor Education and Awareness Fund Scheme, 2014 - Section 26A of Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and as Pper RBI's directives RBI/2013-14/527 dated March 21, 2014, Banks are advised to transfer such unclaimed deposits/inoperative accounts which are inoperative for 10 years or more to Depositor's Education and Awareness Fund Scheme, 2014 (DEAF) with RBI.
Bank's Customers are requested to approach their home branch (wherein they have maintained the account) to claim the balance in the account with the following documents.
- Form for claiming the amount in unclaimed deposit duly completed in all respect (Click to download form)
- Copy of PAN card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License / Voter ID (Any one)
- Copy of latest utility bill (Telephone / Electricity / Gas / Any one)
- Details of bank account (Passbook, Cheque Book, Deposit receipt etc.)
- Two latest Passport-size colour photographs of the customers
Please bring the original documents for verification
Information about the process of claiming the unclaimed Deposit / inoperative account for ten years or more
||RBI Deaf Account No
||TR RBI DEAF